Here are the tips and hints to use a Cuisinart Sandwich Grill Maker:
Preheat Cuisinart Sandwich Grill completely before using. For “quick to assemble” sandwiches and pastries, preheat the Sandwich Grill while preparing the food to be grilled. Close the lid of the Sandwich Grill while preheating. When preparing more than one batch of sandwiches, keep lid closed to maintain even heat.
You may use a variety of breads with excellent results in the Cuisinart Sandwich Grill. Breads that are a “standard” thickness (approximately 1/2 inch) are best for sandwiches, while thicker sliced breads (approximately 5/8 to 1 inch) are recommended for French toast.
For best results, we recommend that the bread be as close as possible to the size of the sandwich plate (5 x 41 ⁄2 inches). Breads may be trimmed prior to cooking to fit as needed. Bread selections may be hand sliced from whole loaves.
Butter, margarine, and olive oil are recommended for coating the outside of bread when making sandwiches. “Light” versions of margarines are not recommended, as they do not withstand heat (check manufacturer’s labels for cooking recommendations for best results).
Have butter or margarine at room temperature when spreading on bread, or melt and apply with a pastry brush. For best results, moist ingredients such as sliced tomatoes or fruits, pickles, etc., should be blotted or patted dry with a paper towel. Sauces, such as tomato sauce or salsa, can be drained for a short time in a strainer lined with a coffee filter to remove excess liquid.
Use well-drained leftover cooked vegetables or thawed, well-drained frozen vegetables as additions to your sandwiches and omelets. Firm textured breads will yield a crispier sandwich than breads with a softer texture. Use a heatproof rubber spatula or wooden utensil to lift sandwich/pastry/omelets from the Cuisinart Sandwich Grill. Avoid using metal utensils, which may mar the nonstick coating of the Sandwich Grill.
For best results, allow hot sandwiches to rest for 2-3 minutes before cutting and serving. The fillings will be very hot, and will run less if allowed to cool slightly. Unplug the Sandwich Grill and allow unit to cool completely with lid open before cleaning. When cool, brush excess crumbs from Sandwich Grill with a soft pastry brush, then gently wipe clean with a dampened soft cloth such as one made of microfiber. (Available in most housewares/gourmet stores).
- Before using your Cuisinart Sandwich Grill for the first time, remove all protective paper and wrapping. Remove any dust from shipping by wiping the plates with a damp cloth
- Preheat the Sandwich Grill. Close lid and plug cord into a 120V AC wall outlet. The red light will go on to signal power. The green indicator light will go on when unit is ready to use
- The first time you use your Sandwich Grill, it may have a slight odor and may smoke a bit. This is normal, and common to appliances with a nonstick surface
- When the green indicator light goes on, place ingredients on bottom plate according to recipes provided. Close the lid and lock it
- The green light will go off and the red light will once again illuminate. It may take several seconds for the red light to come on. This is normal
- Once the food is ready to eat, the green light will come on again
- Remove food by gently loosening the edges with a heatproof plastic spatula
- Never use metal utensils, as they may damage the nonstick coating
- Always disconnect the plug from the wall outlet once cooking is completed
- Cord Storage: cord wraps around base for easy storage
- BPA-Free: All parts that come in contact with food are BPA-Free