- 1 Looking For How To Clean Kitchen Cabinets?
- 2 Why Clean Kitchen Cabinets?
- 3 How To Best Clean Wooden Kitchen Cabinets – Your Guide To Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
- 3.1 Experts Opinion for Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets:
- 3.1.1 1. Wood Kitchen Cleaning Tips From DIY Network by HG TV
- 3.1.2 2. Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning Tips By Everyday Cheapskate (Grime and Gunk Removal)
- 3.1.3 Deep Cleaning of Kitchen Cabinets For Gunk Remover
- 3.1.4 3. Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning Without Hurting Them – Tips By Grapes and Spender
- 3.1.5 4. Clean Food Grease From Kitchen Cabinets – Tips By Spruce
- 3.1.6 Use of Commercial Goo Gone Cleaner:
- 3.1.7 Use of Hot Water and Dish Soap:
- 3.1.8 5. Thomasville Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning Guide – Tips By Thomasville
- 3.1 Experts Opinion for Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets:
- 4 How to Clean Kitchen Cabinets Splatters and Spills?
- 5 How to Clean Glass Doors of Kitchen Cabinets?
- 6 What Do You Think About Vinegar and Olive Oil? Are They Good For Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets Or Not?
- 7 What Will Happen When You Try These Experts Tips For Your Wooden Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning?
- 7.1 Trying and Testing Experts Tips For Your Wooden Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning?
- 8 How We Clean Our Wooden Kitchen Cabinets?
- 9 When to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets?
- 10 Conclusion
Looking For How To Clean Kitchen Cabinets?
Having the best kitchen cabinets, especially grey kitchen cabinets for your kitchen is great. The kitchen cabinets not only make your kitchen look modern, but also makes it easier for you to store your all kitchen appliances and kitchen accessories at one place with ease.
But when it comes to keeping these kitchen cabinets in good shape is not an easy task, especially when you do not know how to clean kitchen cabinets so that they could not only last longer but also look new always in good condition.
You may think that how to clean your kitchen cabinets is just a simple question. But the fact is that, it’s not so. When you ask the experts, they say differently and the moment you understand it from experts you will understand how you can keep your kitchen cabinets to last longer.
If you are looking for the best ways to clean your kitchen cabinets, then you have come to the right place. Today, in this post we are going to take you through the same expert opinion for best ways to clean kitchen cabinets.
Why Clean Kitchen Cabinets?
You may be thinking cleaning kitchen cabinets is just day to day activity in your home as part of home cleaning. And you may forget to clean them properly. As a result of which you may miss out on the longevity of your kitchen cabinets.
But, do you know, you can make your kitchen cabinets to lasts longer more than 25 years. Yes, if you ask us our experts team says the same that when you clean kitchen cabinets properly you can make them last longer than even 50+ years too.
When it comes to cleaning rooms of your house, kitchen is considered to be one of the hardest and messiest room. If not paid more attention on kitchen cabinets you may lose the long life of kitchen cabinets. That’s the main reason why you must clean your kitchen cabinets regularly and properly to increase the lifespan of kitchen cabinets.
You must maintain and clean kitchen cabinets properly in order to keep them in good condition. If not maintained properly and not cleaned properly you may see your kitchen cabinets getting damaged, wear and tear just after 5 years of usage. You may have to plan for buying new kitchen cabinets which will cost you a lot.
The moment you realize that your kitchen cabinets have gone old and need to replace keep in mind of the below points which will clearly shows you on why you need to clean kitchen cabinets. If not cleaned, what does it cost for you to buy new one.
· A kitchen cabinet can cost you more than 50% of your complete kitchen renovation. On an average, a kitchen remodel could cost you somewhere around $24,000 ($150 per square foot), says home advisor
· On an average a complete kitchen cabinet set could cost you around $15,000 for a decent setup
· If you are looking for a high-end modern kitchen cabinet then this could cost you more than 80% cost of your full-scale kitchen renovation
So rather than not taking care of your kitchen cabinets, the expert’s advice that you must clean kitchen cabinets properly once or twice a week to keep them in good shape so that they can lasts longer.
How To Best Clean Wooden Kitchen Cabinets – Your Guide To Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
To take you through the expert’s opinion for cleaning kitchen cabinets, we would like to also involve the opinions of top experts in the field of kitchen and home improvement guides. Our research, analysis and interviews with the experts has given enough information on how to clean kitchen cabinets so that you can keep them in good shape all the time.
We have gathered all the information at one place and sharing the same with our customers to follow the right process of cleaning. We suggest you to, checkout their guides to know more about the home cleaning remedies.
Even though the experts out there show their unique ways of cleaning your kitchen cabinets, at the end all comes down to the same principles of kitchen cabinets cleaning strategies and guides.
We definitely recommend you to try these strategies to clean kitchen cabinets to increase the lifespan of your kitchen cabinets and keep your kitchen modern from the day when you have brought in your home.
Experts Opinion for Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets:
What experts have to say about to best clean wood kitchen cabinets? Kitchen cabinets can be of different materials. The available kitchen cabinets in the market are wooden kitchen cabinets, stainless steel kitchen cabinets, aluminium kitchen cabinets, fiber kitchen cabinets, metal kitchen cabinets and so on.
Each kitchen cabinets requires different cleaning strategies to keep them in good shape. Not all the cleaning strategies could not be same but at the end all serves your purpose of kitchen cabinets cleaning.
It doesn’t matter which cleaning agent you use the basic steps of how to clean wood kitchen cabinets remains the same. You can follow the below steps to keep your kitchen cabinets in good condition all the time.
How to clean wood kitchen cabinets, step-by-step:
· For day-to-day cleaning, spray the cleaner or apply the cleaner on the cabinets. You can use a soft cloth or sponge to wipe out the cleaner on the outside of the kitchen cabinets drawers and doors. To remove heavy grease or heavy stains, you can use a little elbow grease so that you can completely clean of the cabinets
· Now wipe out the cleaner sprayed on to the drawer pulls and door handles thoroughly
· To clean the hardware and the wood around the hardware along with the crevices of the ornate trim, you can use a smooth toothbrush dipped in the cleaner
· Spray the cleaning agent inside the doors and drawers and then wipe the cleaner with the help of wet cloth followed by dry cloth
· For additional care, you can use another fresh cloth dipped in clean water to remove the cleaner sprayed from all the surfaces
· At the end use another fresh dry towel to clean the entire all surfaces of all areas of kitchen cabinets
1. Wood Kitchen Cleaning Tips From DIY Network by HG TV
To best clean wooden kitchen cabinets you must focus on special cleaning remedies that will help you not only clean the kitchen cabinets but also helps to maintain and keep the wood cabinets in good shape for much longer period of time.
For wood cleaning kitchen cabinets, you need to follow two different strategies called general kitchen cabinets cleaning for day-to-day maintenance and deep cleaning kitchen cabinets for longer maintenance.
Two wood clean kitchen cabinets:
1. General cleaning wood kitchen cabinets
2. Deep clean wood kitchen cabinets
General Cleaning Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Vinegar is considered to be one of the best ingredients and a best DIY home ingredient that helps to clean any kinds of stains of any product, no matter how tough the stains are, especially greasy items. You can use vinegar by mixing up it with other ingredients to make a liquid or a paste and use it to wash and clean of any kitchen items thoroughly.
Thus, vinegar becomes a go-to natural cleaning agent and a go-to natural cleaner used for how to clean greasy cabinets and any other how to clean greasy kitchen items.
To clean the greasy wood kitchen cabinets, follow the below steps:
· Take 500 ml vinegar and a 500 ml warm water, mix it well and put the mixer into the spray bottle. If you are cleaning complete kitchen cabinets, then you can take 50/50 solution of vinegar and a warm water and then put it into the spray bottle. Spray the solution directly on to the cabinets, allow the solution to settle down for a minute or two and then wipe clean it off with the help of a soft cloth.
· To clean extremely greasy cabinets or heavily dirty cabinets, you can even add a few drops of any liquid dishwashing detergent to the vinegar and warm water solution mix it well and spray it on kitchen cabinets. Then wipe clean with a soft cloth to get a well cleaned kitchen cabinet. This method can be adopted twice a week to keep the kitchen cabinets clean.
You can also make use of commercial cleaners, such as Murphy’s Oil Soap to clean kitchen cabinets. Apart from this, you can also make your own cleaners from different ingredients in your kitchen that are eco-friendly, effective and affordable which will perfectly allow you to clean any kitchen cabinet.
Deep Clean Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Deep cleaning is required when your kitchen cabinets are highly stained and won’t come off through general cleaning.
Deep cleaning of your kitchen cabinets involves bit off pressure application with the help of additional cleaning agent which will ensure that your kitchen cabinets and other kitchen appliances clean and keen all the time.
For deep cleaning, to clean the heavily stained and greasy wood kitchen cabinets, follow the below steps:
· Prepare a paste of vinegar and salt. Take toothbrush or any decent size painting brush, dip them into the paste and then lightly scrub the same on the heavily stained area. Rinse the paste applied area with the help of slightly warm water and then wipe it with the help of dry towel. Remember not to scrub too harder or to use a steel scrubber as you will be damaging your cabinets. Try to use soft cleaning agents to keep the cabinets undamaged.
· You can also make use of the baking soda to scrub the stained area. Take a wet sponge and put some baking soda, then scrub the stained area. Make sure that you will be using a soft toothbrush or any nylon bristle scrub brush for cleaning so that you prevent the cabinet from scratches.
· To protect your kitchen cabinets for a longer period of time against stains you can make use of mixed solution of vegetable oil and vinegar in 50:50 ratio and then apply the solution on to the cabinet surfaces. Now you can wipe it off with a help of clean and soft cloth until the surface’s shines
2. Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning Tips By Everyday Cheapskate (Grime and Gunk Removal)
Having great kitchen cabinets in your kitchen not only makes your kitchen look modern, but also worsens your cleaning process every day, as they are prone to different kinds of easily non-cleanable issues such as grease, grime and gunk as they will be sitting in kitchen all the time.
If you are one of those who is asking for what kind of cleaner to use to clean the wood kitchen cabinets, then if you just think of using a commercial wood polishes such as blueoxy wood furniture or waxpol universal furniture polish or tetraclean furniture polish does not going to add any value in removal of heavy grease, grime and gunk. All they do is add a great fragrance or a fresh scent and beauty to the kitchen cabinets with a shiny surface.
Doing in this way for the entire kitchen is going to cost you a lot and leaves you with a dilemma that whether your kitchen cabinets are cleaned off completely or not.
In this condition, the best way to clean kitchen cabinets is to follow the homemade remedies for cleaning the messy and stained kitchen cabinets.
General Cleaning of Kitchen Cabinets
· Take any empty spray bottle of 500 ml which you can use it for cleaning purpose. Before you use, make sure that you have completely clean off the spray bottle and ensure no dirtiness in the bottle. Ensure that no foreign particles are mixed up or deposited inside the spray bottle
· Now to prepare a home cleaning agent for kitchen cabinets, pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 to 5 tablespoons of white vinegar into the empty spray bottle.
· Now add warm water until the spray bottle is completely filled.
· Now shake the spray bottle until the solution is well mixed and generates foam
· Now spray the solution on to the cabinet’s doors and drawers, then allow it to settle down for a minute or two minutes
· Now take the soft wet cloth to wipe the solution to remove the dirt, stains and buff. You will now see a beautiful shiny kitchen cabinet
Deep Cleaning of Kitchen Cabinets For Gunk Remover
For a deeper cleaning you require an additional effort, especially to clean off the heavily built-up gunk and grime kitchen cabinets. For this, just follow the below steps:
· Take a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and 4 tablespoons of baking soda. If you have more than 2 to 3 cabinets to clean then you need to increase the ratio. You can increase in the ration of 1:2 to clean more than 2 to 3 kitchen cabinets
· Mix the solution with the help of your fingertips until it turns into a thick paste. Apply and smoosh a little bit on to the grimy and gunk surfaces, especially at the corners or near handles
· Now scrub the applied surface area with the help of your fingertips or a soft sponge so that it settles down
· Now take any soft toothbrush and scrub the applied areas. The moment you scrub the thick paste along with the grime will fall off leaving the area clean
· Now it’s time to make the area and the cabinet shiny, which you can achieve by buffing the cabinet and area with the help of a soft cloth
Clean Kitchen Cabinets Using Blue Dawn Dish Wash Liquid
The concentrated dish liquids like blue dawn or dawn ultra-dish liquid contains cleaning agents which absorbs the grease as they do in removing the grease and mess from kitchen surfaces and dishes. But after its usage we need to immediately wipe off or clean the applied surface to prevent streaking or any deposition.
· Take a bowl, add warm water and then add few drops of concentrated blue dawn dish liquid. Give a good mix to get the well mixed solution
· Take a soft sponge and dip it into the solution. Make sure that you squeeze the sponge enough until suds form
· Now apply the solution with the help of sponge and on all dirty areas of kitchen cabinets until the areas becomes clean
· immediately wipe off the surface with the help of soft dry cloth to get clean and shiny kitchen cabinets
3. Kitchen Cabinets Cleaning Without Hurting Them – Tips By Grapes and Spender
If you are looking for how to clean kitchen cabinets without hurting or damaging them, then you could follow the homemade remedies shared by grapes and Spender who shares us the best way to clean your kitchen cabinets without hurting them or without causing any damage to the kitchen cabinets surface.
The best part is that you can follow the below steps to ensure yourself that how to clean wooden kitchen cabinets thoroughly so that you can remove the heavy grease and grime with ease.
General Cleaning – How To Clean Wooden Cabinets?
For general purpose cleaning, the best way to clean kitchen cabinets is that, to use a toothpaste along with other cleaning ingredients. To do so,
· Prepare a solution of 1 tablespoon toothpaste, 2 tablespoons baking soda and add 1 cup of slightly warm water.
· Now take a soft sponge or soft cloth dip into the solution and scrub it on to the dirty areas of kitchen cabinets.
· Now for final touch you can take dry soft cloth and wipe the surface to get a well cleaned shiny wooden cabinets
Deep Cleaning – How To Clean Wooden Cabinets and Remove Grease?
· Take a sponge and add a 1/4 tablespoon of dish soap or oil wood cleaner. Now wet this sponge slightly and gently scrub the cabinet and greasy areas of cabinet until it forms a lather.
· Now wipe the surface with the help of wet cloth with the help of fresh water
· Now with the help of dry microfiber cloth you can wipe to give the final touch up to keep it dry
For additional and best results,
· You can prepare a thick paste of baking soda and slightly warm water
· Apply this paste on to the greasy areas just by rubbing the paste in a circular motion with the help of a sponge and slightly press on heavy grease areas so that it can use the abrasiveness of baking soda completely to pull off the grease
· Now allow it to soak it for at least 10 minutes
· Once soaked, now you can use a damped piece of cloth to remove the baking soda paste just by wiping it off
· For final touch up, you can use a soft dry cloth to wipe the surfaces of kitchen cabinets to keep them in shiny condition